July 09, 2012
What our Respiratory Therapists can do...
- Diagnosing lung and breathing disorders and recommending treatment methods;
- Interviewing patients and doing chest physical exams to determine what kind of therapy is best for their condition;
- Consulting with physicians to recommend a change in therapy, based on their evaluation of the patient;
- Analyzing breath, tissue, and blood specimens to determine levels of oxygen and other gases;
- Managing ventilators and artificial airway devices for patients who can't breathe normally on their own;
- Responding to Code Blue or other urgent calls for care;
- Educating patients and families about lung disease so they can maximize their recovery.
Left to Right: Diane Thompson CRT, Traci Puls RRT.