PROVIDENCE WELLNESS CENTER RE-OPENING GUIDELINES UPDATED FOR JUNE 1ST
Please read through the following guidelines.
1. Adjusted Hours: Monday-Thursday 5:00AM – 8:00PM No Changes at this time Friday 5:00AM – 6:00PM
Saturday 8:00AM – 3:00PM
2. We will be following a 20-person limit in the facility. This means that if you are not signed up to workout, do not come in. If you sign up for a time, we ask that you come in right at your specified time and you leave immediately when your time is up. There will be NO LOITERING at the facility, we need to get you in and out in a timely manner.
3. Sign up for a 45-minute workout session. You will be asked to sign up for 45-minute time slots, limit 1 workout per day. You will have 2 different ways to sign up. You can sign up for your workout time via our Providence Wellness Center App or for those of you that prefer not to use the App or do not have a smart phone, you can call us at 402-375-7927 to schedule your workouts. PLEASE DO NOT SHOW UP EARLIER THAN THE TIME SLOT YOU HAVE SIGNED UP FOR. We understand that for some of you, 45 minutes is not enough time. Although we are NOT allowing anyone to sign up for more than 1 time slot, you are always welcome to ask us when you come in what the next hour looks like. If we are not at capacity, our staff is happy to let you stay a little longer and finish up. Please do not assume that you can stay, you need to check with our staff each time to make sure that it is open.
4. This will continue to be one of the most important guidelines that we ask you to follow. You will be screened every time you enter the Wellness Center. We will be asking you a few questions including Have you traveled anywhere in the past 2 weeks, do you have a fever, sore throat, or unusual shortness of breath. We will also be taking your temperature with a forehead scanner. WE ASK THAT YOU DO NOT COME TO THE WELLNESS CENTER IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ANY SYMPTOMS! If your temperature is not between 96.0-99.0 you will be asked to leave. If you are lower than 96.0 or between 99.0-99.9 you will be asked to sit a few minutes and re-check.
5. Hand Hygiene will be required upon entering and exiting the Wellness Center. We have a bottle of hand sanitizer on the front desk and ask that as you ENTER and EXIT our facility, please use it.
6. We ask that you please bring in a separate pair of workout shoes for your workouts. THIS IS NOT A NEW RULE AT PWC, THIS HAS BEEN POSTED AROUND THE FACILITY FOR YEARS. We take pride in the cleanliness of our facility and want to keep it that way. We do understand that there may be a few individual situations where you have specific prescribed medical shoes that you have to wear and are extremely expensive to pay for multiple pairs. We have shoe spray that you can use in these situations. If you are in this situation, please talk to me so we can make a note. Otherwise EVERYONE is required to bring clean shoes, NO EXCEPTIONS. If you do not follow this rule, you will be asked to leave.
7. The facility will be open to new memberships and renewals starting June 1st. You will not be able to do this online or through the App, please stop at the front desk and talk to the staff.
8. Showers will be AVAILABLE starting June 1st on a TRIAL BASIS only and we will see how it goes. We will only have 1 shower open for use in each locker room. We expect all members to maintain 6 feet between each other in the locker rooms as well as being respectful of other’s time and needs. Our locker rooms are not large and it is already very difficult to maintain proper distancing, so if you are showering, we ask that you please make it brief, take up as little space as needed and do not take up the entire counter by the sink with your things. If someone comes in to use the restroom and wash their hands, please step completely out of the way and give
them enough space to maintain 6 feet distancing while they wash their hands. If we feel that this isn’t working, we will let everyone know.
9. Water fountains will remain OUT OF ORDER. Our Culligan machine is still available for your use and we encourage you to bring your own water bottles and/or fill a cup at the Culligan water cooler and throw it away.
10. We will NOT have Fruit water, Coffee or popcorn Fridays for now. We do not want members sitting in the chairs for more than a couple minutes, so please don’t plan to sit and read the paper and drink coffee with your friends.
11. NO LOITERING. I know I’ve said this already, and we hate not getting to catch up with all of you… but we ask that you get in, workout and leave in a timely manner. We expect you to show up at your designated time you signed up for, get your workout done and then leave as soon as you are done. Please know that we all have missed you and we would LOVE to catch up, but right now is not the time. There will be a limited number of chairs available and they are only there for you to use while you are changing shoes.
12. All members must maintain 6 feet between themselves and staff at all times. This includes at the front desk if you are checking in or waiting to check in, walking around the track, on equipment, in the locker rooms, etc. If you walk in and there is someone at the desk please respect the 6 foot rule and stay back. We will try and move you through quickly.
13. CLEAN EQUIPMENT BEFORE/AFTER EACH USE. We ask that you clean each piece of equipment before and after each use using the wipes in the dispensers on the walls. We will be going around multiple times throughout the day and disinfecting equipment as well as closing early every evening to thoroughly disinfect and closing on Sundays to clean and disinfect. We ask that you do your part in cleaning everything before and after you touch it. If you see that we have just disinfected a piece of equipment and it is wet, please leave it to air dry. Our cleaners have dwell times of 5 minutes and 10 minutes, and the solution needs to dry completely to work properly. So please do not get on a piece of equipment that is wet from us cleaning it or try and dry it off. Let it dry and come back to it.
14. Every other piece of cardio equipment will be marked out of order and we will rotate these every day. We know that some of you have your ‘favorite’ treadmill or bike, but we ask that please follow the signs and do not get on or touch a piece of equipment that has an out of order sign on it. If you would like to ride the Expresso bike and the out of order sign is on the one you would like, please ask our staff to move them. We just can’t have 2 people on them at the same time, but it doesn’t matter which bike you prefer As for the weight machines that are not 6 feet apart, we are going to be walking around supervising the facility making sure members stay 6 feet apart, but if you see someone is on the outer thigh machine and you want to get on the inner thigh machine and they are right next to each other, please stay 6 feet away and wait your turn. We will give you a warning or two, but if you cannot follow this rule you will be asked to leave. Because of this rule, we ask that you do not sit on any piece of equipment for too long. Be respectful of others and their time. As for spotting, we ask that you please lift weights that you can do safely and not require a spotter. The use of a spotter is a clear violation of the 6-foot rule so please adjust your workouts accordingly. I know this is a huge bummer to some of you, but we are doing our best and we have CDC guidelines to follow. Again, if you do not abide by this rule you will be asked to leave.
15. We have ELIMINATED the large book of membership cards that sits at the front desk. Yes, I understand that this will be a huge change for many of you and may require you to make changes to your routine. It will speed up the check-in process and avoid everyone flipping through and touching all the sheets of the book. It was a breeding ground for bacteria and germs and we had to get rid of it. We ask that you take responsibility for your own membership card and bring it with you each time you come to workout. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN WITHOUT YOUR CARD. When you come in for your first workout, we will have the large book out and we will give you your card. You can decide if you would like to keep the large card in your wallet, if you want us to punch a hole in it and give you a lanyard for it and keep it in your workout bag or purse, or if you would like to
exchange it for a keychain card and put it on your keychain. We will help you get set up with a card that works best for you! ***We have a new App that we have launched and will be sending an email out this week to help you download it and get logged in or signed up. This new App has a digital card so you can pull up your card on your App when you come in and scan it! We are super excited about this!!! More info to come this week!!!***
16. Scan your card. You will be scanning in each time you come in to workout. If your screen shows something weird, please bring it to our attention so we can fix it. If you have downloaded the App, you do have a digital membership card on the App you can scan (if you have a screen protector or cracks on your screen, you may have to push the button on the scanner when you try and scan in). If you are signed up for any classes or training and you have your location turned on at all times in the App, you will automatically check in to those services when you enter the door It’s really cool! Let us help you if you want to check this feature out!
17. MEMBERSHIP COMPENSATION: STARTING JUNE 1ST YOUR MEMBERSHIP MUST BE CURRENT AND ACTIVE FOR YOU TO BE ABLE TO UTILIZE THE FACILITY. We have gone into each member’s account this past week and credited back the time you lost for April and May. All yearly memberships or 1-3 month memberships that lost time during our closing, have been extended 2 full months and expiration dates have been adjusted. You can log into your App too see the adjusted expiration date or the next time you scan your card you can see your new expiration date on the screen. If you were signed up for a year membership contract and paying monthly through AUTOPAY, I turned those off on April 1 so you should not have been charged at all in the month of April or May. I have set up all of those to restart on June 1st. If you absolutely cannot have your membership dues coming out of your account on June 1, then you need to contact me personally asap so we can make arrangements. Understand that if you prefer to have your autopay date set up differently, you will not be allowed to come in starting June 1 until your first payment goes through. So if you want your payment to come out on the 15th, you will not be able to use your membership from June 1-15. Please contact me directly for more information and with questions on this.
18. Members are NOT REQUIRED to wear a mask when they come in to workout, however you may choose to The exception will be those that require hands on assistance. If you cannot maintain 6 feet between you and your trainer or other members, you will be required to wear a mask during your workout. If you have questions about this or think you might be someone that needs to wear a mask, please verify with Heidi.
19. People that are in categories that have been designated as vulnerable (i.e. seniors and those with pre-existing health conditions) we strongly encourage you to stay home or consult your doctor before coming back in to the gym.
20. PLEASE do not go through the door outside of the Locker Rooms that leads to Therapy and the rest of the hospital for any reason. If you need to enter the hospital for any reason including the therapy department you must follow designated protocols. NO ONE is allowed beyond that door without a mask. Please stop at our front desk and talk to our staff. They will get ahold of someone to assist you. This is for your own safety as well as the safety of our patients and staff.
21. Personal Training. Personal training services has started back up slowly and will continue to open up as each week progresses. If you were training with one of our trainers or would like to train, please let us know or contact your trainer to find out when they will be able to start back with you. FYI: Heidi will be waiting a few more weeks before she starts filling her schedule up.
22. Group Fitness Classes. We will be starting a few of our classes back on June 1st! Those include the following: Body Sculpting with Heidi T/Th 6:00-7:00 AM Body Sculpting with Michael/Kiara T/Th 5:30-6:30 PM (Michael Tuesdays/Kiara Thursdays) Easy Sculpting with Robin T/Th 9:30-10:30 AM Yoga with Heidi/Jason M/W 5:30-6:30 PM (Heidi Mondays/Jason Wednesdays) Yoga with Jason Sat 9:00-10:00 AM Zumba with Ashley M/W 6:45-7:45 PM
We will be starting with these classes and as long as everything goes well we will continue to look to open up more in the near future. We ARE looking at getting Rock Steady Boxing started up in the next couple weeks! However, we are not planning on starting Senior class for a little bit longer. Here are some of the Group Fitness guidelines we will be enforcing:
1. Classes will be limited to 8 participants
2. Participants must pre-register for classes either via the App or calling ahead to reserve a spot
3. 6 feet workout distancing must be maintained in all classes
4. If you are signed up for a class and want to do any form of workout in the facility prior to class, you must sign up for a workout time. If you are not signed up to workout in the facility, you will be asked to go straight into the aerobic room and wait for class (if you have any issues getting signed up for both, please let us know)
5. Please clean equipment BEFORE & AFTER use
6. All equipment will be disinfected after each use
7. Some class times will be adjusted to allow for cleaning in between classes
8. Some specific equipment (i.e. yoga straps and bolsters) will not be allowed to be used for now since they can not be properly disinfected. If you are interested in having these for class, you can purchase and bring in your own.
Please understand that we are doing the BEST we can under the circumstances, and we hope that you will be excited to at least get in and start doing your workouts again. We are also the screening entrance for the therapy and rehab departments so there may be times that there are a few people in line. We will do our best to get you in quickly and out quickly. Have patience with us as we learn our new ‘norm’ for the next few weeks/months. We can’t wait to see you