Quick LinksSkip to main contentSkip to navigation
Social Services/Discharge Planning
For questions or concerns, please contact the Providence Medical Center Social Service Department at (402) 375-7938.
Social Services/Discharge Planning is offered to patients that are admitted to the hospital or have needs during their visits to our hospital. Our goals:
- For you to have input in your care
- Involve your support person or caregiver in your care during your stay
- Discuss your needs at home when you leave the hospital. We can assist with:
- getting home medical equipment that you need
- getting help in your home such as home health or personal care services or other agencies that can help support you in your home
- arrange for a lifeline and/or meal delivery system
- giving you information and also help with making referrals to long term care facilities, assisted living or other facilities to help care for you if you are not able to return home
- reviewing financial resources and help with applications or referrals for financial assistance programs
- Help form Advance Directives
- Power of Attorney for Healthcare Forms and Living Wills can be completed at PMC. Notary services are available.
- SHIIP (Senior Health Insurance Information Program) Counselors available to help you with your Medicare questions.
Our staff works closely with your provider and healthcare team to make sure you and your families needs are met before you go home from the hospital.